Pages

Friday 1 July 2011

Final Resting Piece


Shall I compare myself to a Hindu,
For how I want to rest is of the same view?
Family and friends of me,
Please respect my final wish.
This is how I want my journey to be:

Due to my fear of coffins,
You shall drink no coffee
On my final night with thee.
You shall debate on how to bury me,
Or rather do away with me
When I cease of this world to be.

It is written on my will
That cremate my remains you shall.
Mind you I have no wishes
To return to punish the foxes
That my remains
Did not turn into cremains.

Family might gather on those days
To debate whether I’m worth turning into ashes,
And whether it is not against their customs.
But please do not arouse me from the dead
When you show a great big head,
And pile me under a sod.

This is my final plea,
If you've ears let you hea':
This is the way I'd like to rest
It is what I have seen best.
If it did not sound like a jest,
In ashes please let me rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?