Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mama Love


Please forgive me, when I go wrong-
Teaching me right and wrong
Must have taken you long.
I cannot fail to remember
All the cold and lonely nights of December
When we sat and wondered why we never had a visit from Santa.

Mama you mean the world to me
And I wonder what I would do to thank thee
For unimaginable are your deeds for me.
Though I was never the happiest
You saved me from all tempests
And for that you are the greatest.

You were Mama and Papa at the same time
Though you never owned a dime
I cannot fail to acknowledge I grew up just fine.
You were light at the end of the tunnel
Nine months I clang to your tummy
You never tired I was your puppy.

And after all that you loved me
When no one else saw a thing in me
I'm grateful and I cannot repay ye.
Through my darkest of nights
Mama, though they turn off my lights
I will have you in my sight.

Mama, I cannot repay
All the good things you did in May
I would never forget if I may.
I love you and I would do anything
Just to please you I give everything
I will forever and ever your name sing, Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?