Pages

Saturday 23 July 2011

The Lady Not Taken


I have a certain fondness for Robert Frost and especially his "The Road Not Taken" and "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening". It has influenced me a lot, this poem (The Road Not Taken), and Frost has done so a lot in my life. I want to be like Frost. How do you like the parody?


Two ladies I met at the club Yellow Wood,
Too bad I could not take 'em home both
And remain one man, long I stood
And looked at one much as I could
Till I felt hard in the 'undergrowth'.

Then looked the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because she was classy toes to her hair;
Though as for the wear
Had made them look about the same.

And both that evening equally smiled
Lips Jesus himself would not ignore.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how ladies are crazy,
And doubting if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
That two ladies I had met, and I
I took the one less 'traveled' by,
And that is why I'm still negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?