Pages

Wednesday 6 July 2011

Circumcision to Prevent Aids?


Thanks to their governments, East Africans who do not circumcise have started doing so as a way of preventing, or rather reducing the spread of HIV. I am so sceptical about that that I do not think it will work. This is the same as telling them to go ahead and have sex as much as they can since 'researchers' have found that 'circumcised' men are less likely to get it. In Kenya, where almost every Kenyan has undergone the operation (all Kenyan ethnic groups except one do it as is with their culture, and that one has adopted it), Aids has killed millions, if I’m not wrong. Does it therefore mean that you have to get the cut, and use other means as well? Like the ABC? If I have to abstain, I do not really need the cut and the condoms now, do I?

Let us educate our people on the right means of protection. I’m sure infection of those who have had the cut will increase because their thinking is that they are now 'safe'. I would, if I could, recommend the cutting of the whole thing as the only thing that will reduce, maybe kill, Aids forever. So, when we have a newborn baby boy, take him for the real cut; when you arrive there just say: “cut it all off”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?